|I shared this picture of our dining room a few weeks back right after we changed out the chandy. The chandy change prompted me to envision a new table top. I had seen so many planked table tops out there that I just loved. I shared a few of them here. Is it a project that I really should have tackled? Should I just have left well enough alone? Am I the only one who asks those questions when attempting a makeover?|
|We went out and purchased boards from Lowes. We used two different sizes to change things up a bit and to keep the new top in line with the size of the old top. We used three wider ones and two skinnier ones.|
|We laid the planks side by side and then screwed the braces onto the bottom.|
|We used three braces to ensure it would stay together and of course plenty of screws!;)|
|Next we used the original braces from the base of the table and screwed the new top on.|
|The next day I would walk by the table and it just was not right to me. I decided that the base was way to shiny and new looking and was lost in the black rug. FYI the rug is from Ballard Designs. I have had many inquiries about it.|
|Out came my chalk paint once again. I used dark wax to dull the paint. I think by adding the chalk paint it makes the top flow much better with the base.|
|I am truly in love with the new top and how it turned out!|
|Here is how it all has pulled together thus far. I am debating on whether or not to change out the fabric on the end chairs or to attempt slip covers. I am also debating on whether or not to paint the blue bench. |
I am really torn over it all. I am so indecisive it is not funny, so be sure to stay tuned for more changes in here. I am hoping to luck up on two oval back frenchy chairs to replace the other two chairs that are not in the picture. I am also waiting on the new bling for the chandy that I ordered over a week ago. Hoping it will get here soon.
The total time for this project was 4 days from start to finish to allow for dry time. I forgot to mention I put on several coats of rub on ploy to protect the top. Total cost was just $54 for the lumber and screws to make the new top. All other supplies I already had on hand.
Linking up to the following linky parties:
Tutorials Tips & Tidbits
Feathered Nest Friday
Be Inspired Fridays
Fabulously Creative Friday